Construction waste

When you need to hire a waste container for construction waste and it cannot fit within your property boundaries, you must obtain a permit to place the bin on Council's roads and footpaths.

To obtain a permit, you should first arrange hire of your bin from one of the approved companies who have registered with Council, and then contact Council and pay any permit fees applicable.

Fees and charges

In a unmetered area a skip can be placed for 7 days (or less) without a fee.

In a metered area  a skip can be placed for 3 days (or less) without incurring a fee - A Parking Meter Suspension Fee is charged (per Day) if you require the skip for more then 3 days.

If you require a skip in an unmetered area for greater then 7 days the fee will be a weekly proportion of the Road Occupancy Monthly Fee.

Fees can be found in the current Fees and Charges 

Rate this page

  • Rate as The content was useful60.00% The content was useful votes
  • Rate as The content was not useful40.00% The content was not useful votes

Thanks for your feedback. We will use this data to improve the content of this page.

Page last updated: 20 Sep 2018