Inner West Council holds regular citizenship ceremonies to welcome new citizens.
We do not decide if you can become an Australian Citizen nor when you attend a ceremony.
The Department of Immigration and Border Protection is responsible for citizenship applications, approvals and ceremony allocations.
Once the Department of Immigration and Border Protection approves your application, they will invite you to attend a citizenship ceremony in your local council area.
To attend a ceremony at Inner West Council, you need to live within the Inner West Council Local Government area.
Our citizenship ceremonies:
- are held on the third Wednesday of each month
- have approximately 100 people
- commence at 6pm and go for about an hour.
You will need to:
- arrive about 45 minutes before the ceremony
- bring your approval letter and photo identification
- register and find your allocated seat
Your family and friends are welcome to sit in the guest area.
For further information, please contact the Department of Immigration and Border Protection on their general enquiry number 131 880, alternatively Council’s Customer Service may be able to assist with your enquiry.