Celebrating Book Week 2022
This year's theme is Dreaming with eyes open and we invite everyone to join in the fun of Book Week with these drawing and writing competitions.
The competitions are open to children from grades K to 6.
How to enter
- The writing competition is open to children from grades 3-6.
- The drawing competition is open to children from K-2.
- Children are asked to consider this year’s theme: Dream with your eyes open and draw or write about their wildest daydream.
- Entry forms can be downloaded now, or collected from any Inner West Library branch from 1 June, 2022.
- Entries can be emailed to email@example.com or dropped off at any branch before 10 August.
Entry forms and terms and conditions
Book Week 2022 drawing competition entry form (grades K to 2) (PDF 119.7KB)
Book Week 2022 writing competition entry from (grades 3 - 6) (PDF 125.7KB)
Terms and conditions (DOCX 751.7KB)
Image credits: Grace L (e-newsletter and poster), Max (poster) and Luca H (poster), all winners of Book Week 2021.
About Book Week
Each year across Australia, the Children’s Book Council of Australia (CBCA) brings children and books together to celebrate Book Week. During this time schools, libraries, booksellers, authors, illustrators and children celebrate Australian children’s literature.
Every year we receive thousands of fantastic entries and it’s the highlight of the year for our children’s librarians. See for yourself the amazing talent we have here in the Inner West by browsing last year's entries.
Competition winners from 2021