WestConnex impacts in your area
Council's dilapidation report service
Inner West Council currently offers a limited dilapidation report service to record the existing condition of a house to provide a baseline record of the condition of the property . The main components of the dilapidation include dated photographs of building/s or other items on the property and a description of existing conditions.
To participate in the Inner West Council's dilapidation report service, property owners must first participate in the property dilapidation service provided by the the WestConnex contractor. For more information about the contractor's dilapidation report services please refer to the following link.
The specific conditions relating to the dilapidation reporting requirements in the State Government approval for this project can be found in the following document (Building Condition Survey, parts E105 to E109):
The Proponent can be contacted directly -
By Phone: 1800 660 248 (ask for the M4-M5 Link Tunnels team)
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Customer acknowledges that the Council has no expertise in
the provision of dilapidation surveys (hereinafter referred to as Survey).
- Save to the extent mandated by law, the Council makes no
warranty as to the accuracy or utility of any Survey provided. In
particular, the Council makes no warranty that the Survey will be
capable of being used in any claim for loss or damage from an entity
associated with construction of the WestConnex project.
- The Survey has been prepared based on visual observations only
by the Council at the time of conducting the Survey. In some
circumstances, the performance of the Survey may have been limited by a
range of factors such as time, access or operational constraints.
- In preparing the Survey, Council may have relied upon certain
information (including verbal information) provided by the Customer and
the Council did not attempt to independently verify the accuracy or
completeness of that information. Expressly, the Survey did not include
any assessment of the title to nor ownership of the surveyed property.
The Council will not be liable to update or revise the Survey to take
into account any events or emergent circumstances or facts occurring or
becoming apparent after the date of the Survey.
- The Survey has been prepared for the benefit of the Customer
only and no other party. The Council assumes no responsibility and will
not be liable to any other person, including any successor in title, for
any matters in relation to the Survey.
- Save to the extent mandated by law, the Customer releases the
Council from liability in whatever form it may arise with respect to the
provision and use of the Survey. For the sake of clarity, this release
extends to liability arising from the negligent act or omission of
Council or its employees.
Who is eligible to use Council's Service?
- Only those properties identified by the Proponent as being affected by the M4-M5 Link Tunnels of the WestConnex Project.
- The identified properties must take up the Proponent's offer of a dilapidation report and have received the report.
- Works must not have commenced in the area around the identified property.
- Sufficient time is available to undertake the property inspection prior to works commencing.
How do I engage Council's Service?
Please contact email@example.com to request the service.