2020 Amy Large Volunteer Awards
Thursday 21 May 2020
Council has recognised Inner West volunteers through the annual Amy Large Awards.
This year, all Amy Large Volunteer Award nominees were announced and celebrated online to mark National Volunteer Week 18-24 May 2020. There was no ceremony event associated with these awards this year. All nominees received certificates and a small gift.
This is the fifth annual Amy Large Awards, which honour the memory of Amy Large, one Balmain's most beloved citizens, and her incredible legacy of community service.
Council congratulates all the nominees and thanks them for their tireless efforts towards making the Inner West a more fair, just and compassionate place.
The Young Volunteers are:
• Ashley Liew for her work at Exodus
• Ethan Krumis for community building at his local church
• Rishhan Somani for his work helping student at his school and at the Grower’s Market
The Adult Volunteers are:
• Charity Galong for her work at Ashfield Baptist Church
• Freida Maher for her work with the Australian Breast Feeding Association and Leichhardt Saints Football Club
• Vy Tran for her work Exodus
• Ray Sykes for his work at Stepping Stone House
• David Murphy for his contributions to Balmain Little Athletics
• Amy Crozier for her work with Dress for Success
The Senior Volunteers are:
• Andy Milwood for his work at the Hannaford Computer Club
• Marie Kinsella for her work at Rozelle Nieghbourhood Centre
• Angela Michaelis for Climate Change Balmain and Balmain High School
• Xueyi Tao for her contribution to the Chinese Australian Services Society
• Jeff Furolo for his work on the Baby Boomers Guide to Life
• Adriana McCuskie for her support to Dress for Success
• Christine Hopkins for work at Exodus
The Volunteer Teams are:
• CYBER Seniors Tutors - Marrickville High and Ashfield Boys High
• Ashfield Seniors Eden
The online gallery of Amy Large Award nominees is at www.innerwest.nsw.gov.au/AmyLargeAwards
For media enquiries, contact Elizabeth Heath, Media and Communications Coordinator, 9392 5334 or Elizabeth.Heath@innerwest.nsw.gov.au