Join a free Perfect Match neighbourhood celebration
Tuesday 25 July 2017
Inner West Council, along with Perfect Match artists and property owners, will host neighbourhood celebrations where the community can view the new public artworks and meet Perfect Match artists.
The Perfect Match program ‘matches’ artists who nominate ideas for public art, with property owners who nominate their walls as a blank canvas. Council then plays cupid, and brings them together to create beautiful art.
Perfect Match has been a runaway success, and is now in its fourth year. This year, the inner west will gain 16 new public artworks. Perfect Match
Saturday 5 August, 11am – 1pm: The Vicars Woollen Mill
- Where: Marrickville Metro, Victoria Road entrance (Centre Management)
- Artists: Alex Lehours, Arythmetek
At the community celebrations to launch this site-specific artwork by Alex Lehours, attendees can tour the community garden and learn the history of the Vicars Woollen Mill through the exhibit A Little Piece of History housed in the historic Vicars Mill House, and a heritage tour. Learn about the site, the wool-making process, and the immigrants and families who built and shaped the textile industry for which Marrickville became famous. Includes light refreshments. For heritage tour bookings and more information go tomarrickvillemetro.com.au
1pm: Sound Communities artist talk
- Location: Heritage Bus Stop, Enmore Road, Enmore
- Artists: Susannah Williams and Warren Armstrong
Susannah and Warren share insights into Sound Communities, a record of the local sounds and stories of the inner west captured with binaural microphones and "stored" in a stylised copper map mounted in a grand old bus stop. Bring a smartphone to download the app to hear sound recordings. Produced with the support of an Inner West Council Arts and Culture Grant. From Friday 4 August to Monday 30 October 2017.
1pm – 3pm: Meet the artists and property owners
Pop in for a chat with Perfect Match artists and property owners.
- Alex Lehours – The Vicars Woollen Mill, Marrickville Metro, Victoria Road (near Juliett Street), Marrickville
- Kyle Hughes Odgers – 38 Lennox Street, Newtown
- Georgia Hill – Mary Street, Newtown
- Sid Tapia – 8 Surrey Street, Stanmore
- Rebecca Lourey – 46 Simmons Street, Newtown
- Sharon Billinge – 30 Margaret Street, Newtown
- Studio Dennis – 631 King Street, Newtown
- Brad Robson – 51 Philpott Street, Marrickville
- Hughes Sineux – 194 Denison Road, Dulwich Hill
- Thomas Jackson – 23 Fitzroy Street, Marrickville
- Mulga – 20 Station Street, Marrickville
- Nico – Whites Creek Valley Park, White Street, Lilyfield
Sunday 6 August
1pm and 3pm: Celebrating Sydenham
On Sunday, discover Sydenham. Use the Perfect Match map for a self-guided tour (PDF 6.3MB), or
join a guided walking tour from 1pm to explore the creativity and street art of this gritty suburb.
Two Perfect Match public artworks will be underway: Thomas Jackson at 35 Fitzroy Street and Dan Wenn at Batch Brewery, 44 Sydenham Road.
3pm – Meet the Perfect Match artists
- Location: Batch Brewery, 44 Sydenham Road, Marrickville
Join Dan Wenn, Thomas Jackson and all of the Perfect Match artists to celebrate the creative outcomes of Perfect Match 2017.