Celebrate International Women’s Day 2017
Monday, 27 February 2017
‘Be Bold For Change’ is the theme to celebrate International Women's Day 2017 at Leichhardt's Pioneers Memorial Park with a twilight supper on 8 March.
Each year, Council invites local women to join the global International Women's Day celebration that recognises the social, economic, cultural and political achievements and challenges of women globally including a call to action for accelerating gender parity.
This year the twilight supper event, a partnership between Leichhardt Women’s Community Health Centre and Council, will also be celebrating Seniors Festival 2017 as well as the 30th Anniversary of the Older Women's Network.
The theme ‘Be Bold for Change’ is a call to help forge a more gender inclusive world.
The festivities on 8 March include:
- A light supper with complimentary glass of sparkling wine
- Julie McCrossin as MC
- Performance by Older Women's Network celebrating 30 years
- Speaker Bronwyn Bancroft; activist and archivist
- Speaker Anita Vitanova, founder of Inner West Mums
- Speaker Alessandra Kitinas, young entrepreneur and founder of Freedom Scrub and 87centsproject.
5pm for 5.30pm start, Wednesday 8 March 2017
Pioneers Memorial Park, Norton St, Leichhardt
RSVP essential via 9367 9255 or emailJosie.Leeson@innerwest.nsw.gov.au
For more information, view International Women's Day
For an interview or a print quality image with/ of one of the featured speakers, please contact a member of the communications team below.