Call for feedback ahead of $320,000 playground boost
Monday, 11 September, 2017
Inner west residents near the location of five proposed playgrounds in Leichhardt, Lilyfield, Rozelle and Balmain have the chance to state their play equipment and design preferences ahead of a $320,000 Council upgrade project. Community feedback is open from today and closes 1 October 2017.
Council is seeking community feedback into the proposed design of the playgrounds in Marr Reserve, Pine Square, Orange Grove Plaza, Stimson Reserve and Colgate Reserve with a series of community on site meetings over Saturday 16 September and Saturday 23 September.
Council staff will be available to talk to the community about the upgrades at these locations and times:
- Marr Reserve Playground, 44A Excelsior Street Leichhardt 9.30am -10.30am Saturday 16 September
- Pine Square Playground, Pine Square Leichhardt from 11.00am -12.00pm Saturday 16 September
- Orange Grove Playground, Orange Grove Plaza, Perry St, Lilyfield from 12.45pm -2.00pm Saturday 16 September
- Stimson Reserve Playground, MacKenzie Street Rozelle from 9.30am -10.30am Saturday 23 September
- Colgate Reserve Playground, Cooper Street Balmain from 11.00am -12.00pm Saturday 23 September.
By completing a short survey, residents can nominate up to five pieces of play equipment they'd like to see in each of these playgrounds from swings, slides and climbing equipment to imaginative features such as hiding places and meeting places.
Possible options in the upgrades also include:
- Play equipment
- Playground surface upgrade
- New seating
- New landscaping
- New planting
- New bubblers
Following input from the local community, Council will finalise design plans for each playground and report back to the community in late 2017.
Construction is expected to start March 2018 with the upgraded playgrounds opening July 2018.
For more information on the upcoming information sessions or to complete the survey online, view www.yoursayinnerwest.com.au/five-playground-upgrades