Community Recycling Centres
The Community Recycling Centre in Leichhardt is open for residents on weekends and offers the drop off of household problem waste.
- Small fire extinguishers
- Fluorescent tubes and lights
- Car and household batteries
- Motor oil
- Other oil, including cooking oil
- Smoke detectors
- Gas bottles
- Water-based paint
- Oil-based paint
When dropping off your problem wastes:
- You must being proof of residence
- Only household quantities are accepted -- 20kg or 20 litre maximum container size
- Please try to keep items in original containers and if leaking place inside a plastic bag
- Dangerous goods and other items other than those listed above will NOT be accepted
Other waste items
Charges apply for other wastes other than those mentioned above. For details on charges visit Weekend Transfer Station.
What to do with other recyclable material?
Vist our A to Z of recycling page
What to do with dangerous goods?
Dangerous goods / chemicals and other items than those listed above will not be accepted.
Visit Chemical Clean Out at St Peters for upcoming event dates to drop off the following waste types:
- Solvents and household cleaners
- Pesticides, herbicides, poison
- Pool chemicals
- Hobby chemicals
- Acid and alkali chemicals
What about Business waste?
Businesses are not eligible to use the Community Recycling Centre. Please visit our business waste page to find out how to recycle your waste.