HJ Mahoney Memorial Reserve Sporting Ground and Amenities Upgrade
Project address: HJ Mahoney Memorial, 570 Illawarra Road, Marrickville, NSW, 2204
Project description: This project implements the Cooks River Parklands Plan of Management and Masterplan 2016, Inner West Sporting Ground Upgrade Program 2023 and Innner West Public Toilet Strategy Rev 2023.
The works will be undertaken with the assistance of the following grants: Female Friendly Community Sport Facilities and Lighting Upgrades Grant Program – Infrastructure Grants; and the Australian Football Facilities Fund.
The Sporting Ground accommodates Men’s and Women’s AFL and is home to the Sydney Women’s Baseball League. It is also used by schools for sporting activities including Tempe High and Casmir Catholic College.
The proposed works include:
$2.12m Sporting Ground Upgrade:
- Regrading of field and new turf
- Upgrade irrigation and field drainage
- Sports lighting upgrade
$1.18m Amenities Upgrade:
- Accessibility improvements, including construction of a new accessible toilet and raising the concrete slab height to remove steps into the changerooms and public toilets
- Construction of new external storage units
- Upgrade of existing changeroom facilities to make them female friendly
- Upgrade of Official’s Room and kiosk
- Building condition and repair works and new LED lighting upgrades
- Construction of a new external shade canopy
- External drainage improvements
- Construction stage
- Works commenced September 2023 for completion March 2024
Expected completion date: March 2024
Contact: Carmen Knob on 02 9392 5294 or email@example.com