Artists now invited to take part in EDGE GreenWay 2021
Monday 15 February 2021
Applications are invited now from creatives to participate in a three-week artist residency program on site at the GreenWay in Iron Cove Bay, Lilyfield.
Council is seeking ideas and proposals from all types of artists that are environmentally focused but also creatively playful.
This is an opportunity for ideas that are innovative, highly engaging and bold - after a year that saw the local arts sector smashed by the COVID-19 crisis and creatives left without any real income or financial support.
EDGE 2021: Art Camp on the GreenWay will see nature and creativity converge, transforming the GreenWay corridor into a hive of inspiration and creativity.
Successful applicants will occupy temporary residency spaces: make-shift shipping containers, and natural or man-made nooks.
Connecting with GreenWay community partners, creatives can connect, collaborate and hatch new projects and ideas inspired by the site, environment and themes of the GreenWay.
These could include:
• The natural and creative ecosystems, and ways that surrounding communities and visitors engage with the GreenWay through art, citizen science, bush regeneration, cycling and walking
• The remnant Sydney Turpentine Ironbark Forest, Long-nosed Bandicoots, Grey headed flying foxes, bats and a number of locally significant species
• The local communities who have cared for and connected to this place over time:
- The Gadigal Wangal custodians who gathered at Iron Cove to feast
- The environmental activists who started the GreenWay movement
- The cyclists, canoeists and rowers
- The nearby Commonwealth defence site
- The extensive performing arts spaces that are now located here
EDGE 2021: Art Camp on the GreenWay, 15 April to 9 May 2021. Applications close Sunday 28 February 2021.
Go to www.innerwest.nsw.gov.au/EDGE
For media enquiries, contact Elizabeth Heath, Media and Communications Coordinator, 9392 5334 or Elizabeth.Heath@innerwest.nsw.gov.au