Annual Grants round now open
Thursday 1 October 2020
Inner West Council offers grants for projects supporting a culturally diverse, progressive and sustainable Inner West.
The Annual Grants round is open until 25 October 2020.
Funding for the Annual Grants program is available under five streams:
• Arts: Individual Artists grants of up to $5,000 each per year for professional individual artists and collaborations and Art Projects grants of up to $10,000 each per year
• Community History and Heritage: up to $10,000 each over two years to support projects identifying the Inner West’s historically significant events, places and people
• Community Wellbeing: up to $5,000 each per year to support projects which address local issues, promote social justice, enhance wellbeing, strengthen sustainability, foster inclusion and social connection
• Environment: funding up to $10,000 each over two years for projects that focus on environmental improvement, sustainability education, awareness-raising and the promotion of sustainable living as a way of life
• Recreation: up to $10,000 each over two years to support community sporting and recreation groups
• Multicultural Communities: up to $5,000 each year to plan and deliver community-led Celebration Days of cultural significance to local communities across the Inner West
• Community Material small grants: up to $400 each per year to support groups to establish, develop or expand community wellbeing activities with materials or resources within the Inner West area
• Resident Association: funding up to $400 each per year to support not-for-profit resident associations with basic operational costs including venue hire for meetings and printing and promotional costs
Applicants are encouraged to contact a grants officer to discuss their ideas and proposals. Go to www.innerwest.nsw.gov.au/Grants to find out more.
Last year, 66 Inner West projects received more than $300,000 in Council funding.
For print a quality image, contact the Communication team.
For media enquiries, contact Elizabeth Heath, Media and Communications Coordinator, 9392 5334 or Elizabeth.Heath@innerwest.nsw.gov.au