Rock ‘n’ Roll theme jives the Leichhardt Long Lunch
Tuesday 23 May 2017
Sunday 4 June heralds the rock ‘n roll return of this successful communal celebration known as the Leichhardt Long Lunch.
The Leichhardt Long Lunch is a food and wine festival initiated last year that transforms the Leichhardt Town Hall and adjacent Council carpark into a decorative communal dining setting to showcase some excellent local businesses to the community.
This year’s Rock ‘n’roll theme for the 11am-4pm event will revolve around live music and DJ’s, vintage markets, best dress competition and swing dancing.
It is again a free entry event for the whole family that will also feature muscle cars, local brews and eateries, food trucks as well as free kids rides and other fun including face painting, giant Lego and bungee jumping.
- Swing Dancing- performance and free lessons from ‘All About Swing’.
- DJs specialising in a range of rockabilly, jump blues, jazz, swing and rock ‘n’ roll music including ‘Limpin Jimmy and The Swingin' Kitten’.
- Blues R&B Rockabilly Rock 'n’ Roll music featuring ‘The Drey Rollan Band’.
- The Royal Leichhardt Hotel will be showcasing ‘Beers of the Inner West’ at the Long Lunch showcasing local breweries including Young Henrys Newtown’ Batch Brewing Company, Marrickville and Wayward Brewing Company, Camperdown as well as some selected international craft breweries.
- Vintage cars from the American Muscle Car Club Australia.
- Rock ’n’roll/ vintage markets featuring clothing and homewares.
The event is an initiative of the Leichhardt and Annandale Business Chamber sponsored by Inner West Council and run by Impact Exhibitions and Events – also the organiser of the Norton Street Italian Festa.