Inner West Sustainable Schools Network
Join the networkSchools eNewsPrograms for schools
Next IWSSN meeting
- When: Thursday 18 May 2017 from 4-6pm
- Where: St Peters Public School, Church Street, St Peters
- RSVP: coming soon
Note: Department of Education teachers can claim 1 hour PL by attending! Teachers must enrol 24 hours in advance. The course is called Sustainability Network, code NR09055: https://myplsso.education.nsw.gov.au/q/NR09055.
Are you passionate about sustainability and the environment in your school? Join the Inner West Sustainable Schools Network (IWSSN)!
The IWSSN is a forum for school sustainability leaders to connect, share skills and learning resources, find opportunities, and inspire ideas for growing individual and collective action.
The network is open to principals, teachers, specialists, P&Cs, volunteers and educators from all government and non-government schools, and all primary and high schools, in the Inner West Council area.
The IWSSN provides:
- Peer-to-peer learning among sustainability educators in the Inner West
- Quarterly network meetings to connect, share skills and learning resources
- Teachers can access one hour Professional Learning accreditation for attending a network meeting
- A link between Council and schools
- Regular email updates connecting schools to environmental programs, local activities and upcoming funding opportunities
The IWSSN is an expansion of two existing networks: Our Place Environment Network (OPEN Marrickville) and the Leichhardt Sustainable Schools Network. This new network is a great opportunity to bring together the diverse knowledge and skills from the strong sustainable school community of the Inner West. Existing network members find the knowledge sharing in the network invaluable to the sustainability work they undertake at their schools.
“It’s great to see what’s happening at other schools as far as sustainability and the environment goes - learning how other schools engage both teachers and students and how they incorporate sustainability into the curriculum.”
- Stephen Jackson, Stanmore Public School
For more information about the network, please contact the relevant officer for your area:
Sign up to the Inner West Sustainable Schools Network
Mandatory field(s) marked with *
SERVICES IN YOUR AREA
Follow the links below to find contact details and services in your area:
CONNECT WITH US