School holiday programs
Inner West Council runs a range of regular school holiday programs for 12–18 year olds.
Registration will be announced between 10th & 22nd of December 2018
For further information please email email@example.com or call on 93925757
Previous School Holiday Activities
Please see the links below for other community-based school holiday programs that occur around the Inner West Council local government area.
Tuesday 2nd October 10:00am – 4:00pm
- Cost: Free
- Venue: Leichhardt Town Hall – 107 Norton St, Leichhardt
Learn the process of making a short film in the format of a film trailer, TV commercial or breaking news story. Lunch provided.
Wednesday 3rd October 5:00pm – 8:00pm
- Cost: Free
- Venue: Meet at Sydenham Green – Skate Park - 53 Railway Rd, Sydenham NSW 2044
A mystery movie at Youth Off The Streets Mobile Youth Centre. Bring dinner or money for it. Snacks provided!
Thursday 4th October 10am - 4pm
A free one-on-one session with a professional tutor focussing on Standard and Advanced English. Ask questions, receive feedback and gain insight into what HSC markers are looking for. Bookings essential.
Friday 5th October 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Venue: Meet at Leichhardt Town Hall to catch the Council bus – 5:30pm
Experience the wonders of Luna Park – After Dark! – Unlimited rides for the entire night. Bring dinner or money to buy it.
Monday 8th October 10:30am - 2:00pm
- Venue: Meet at Leichhardt Town Hall to catch the Council bus– 10:30am
Enjoy a day swimming in the spring-time weather at Homebush Aquatic Centre. Bring lunch or money to buy it. Swimmers, towels, sunscreen and other swimming equipment required.
Tuesday 9th October 9:00am – 1:00pm
- Cost: Free
- Venue: Ashfield Service Centre - 260 Liverpool Rd, Ashfield – Activity room 1
This workshop will teach practical life skills, beauty tips and a deep sense of self and value. Includes a fully catered lunch.
Wednesday 10th October 6:00pm – 10:30pm
- Venue: Meet at Leichhardt Town Hall to catch the Council bus – 6:00pm
Put on your jumping jocks for a night out at Skyzone Alexandria. A night of bouncing followed by dinner at a local restaurant of your choosing. Bring dinner or money to buy it after jumping.
Register for School Holiday Programs here
Thursday 11th October 1pm to 5pm
- Cost: Free
- Venue: Sydenham Green Skate Park - 53 Railway Rd, Sydenham NSW 2044
Join Youth off the Streets, the Inner West Council, Totem Skating and a myriad of other services to celebrate mental health month with a totally gnarly skateboard, scooter and blading workshop. Prizes valued up to $500. Bring appropriate safety gear. BBQ lunch and other amazing goodies provided.
Registration, Consent and Further Information
- Registrations essential and conditions, limits and fees apply
- Concessions apply for eligible parents/guardians
- Parents/guardians must complete the registration and consent form below to register, select activities and provide consent for their child
- Once Council receives your registration and consent form, you will receive an email (within 1 business day, where possible) to advise whether your registration has been successful or whether you have been waitlisted
- Information regarding payments and concessions is included in this email
- Please pay in advance. Payments made on the day of the activity incur an additional $10 fee
- All School Holiday Program activities are supervised by Inner West Council Council staff (Youth Workers)
- Council staff will not wait longer than 15 minutes for late arrivals
- Activities requiring transportation using Council's bus - participants will be transported from Leichhardt Town Hall to the activity location and then returned to Leichhardt Town Hall upon completion of the activity. For After Dark activities, participants living in the Leichhardt Ward or Balmain Ward of the Inner West Council Local Government Area may be dropped off home by the Council bus (see Inner West Council Local Government Area Ward Boundaries map). Participants living outside of these areas will be returned to Leichhardt Town Hall
- Finish times for activities requiring transportation using Council's bus, are approximate times only for drop off at Leichhardt Town Hall
- All School Holiday Program activities are subject to change
- Outdoor activities are subject to environmental factors and may be postponed or cancelled at Council's discretion
- Additional activity/venue specific forms may be required for some School Holiday Program activities. Where required, these forms will be emailed to parents/guardians
- Participants are not permitted to leave a School Holiday Program activity until the completion of the activity unless consent outlining alternative arrangements is provided in writing by a parent/guardian
- The information collected in the School Holiday Program registration and consent form is for Council use only. Council uses this information for the purpose of delivering and managing the School Holiday Program. This information is stored in a secure electronic record management system
- For further information contact Council on 9367 5757
- Inner West Council Local Government Area Ward Boundaries
- To cancel a booking contact Council on 9367 5757
- No shows and/or cancellations with less than 24 hours notice, incur a fee (the full cost of the activity)
- Cancellations with more than 24 hours notice do not incur a fee. Where a payment has been made, the payment is transferable to another activity/person.