Summer Reading Challenge
Take the Summer Reading Challenge!
This summer holiday we are celebrating the joy of reading.
Through photos we’ll be sharing our summer stories, our favourite reading spots around the Inner West (and beyond), holding book character dress ups and more. And we’d love you to join us!
Whether you take your favourite library book on a far-off holiday, you’re curled up in a reading chair at home, or you hold a soft toy photo shoot, we challenge you to share your photos that celebrate reading. Open to all ages, the more creative the better.
We’ll be sharing our favourite snaps on social media throughout the summer and all entries go in the draw to win great prizes!
To enter the challenge, simply tag us in your photo on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram and use the hashtag #IWCsummerreading
Or alternatively, email us your picture to Library.Promotion@innerwest.nsw.gov.au
Please include a short blurb about your reading inspiration!
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions for entering the Summer Reading Challenge Photo Competition 2019.
1. Promoter is Inner West Council, PO Box 14, Petersham NSW 2049, ABN - 19 488 017 987. The promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter or Instagram.
2. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
3. Competition is open from 9am Monday 11 November, 2019 until 5pm on Monday, 17 February, 2020.
4. Winners notified via whichever social media channel/email address they have used by 5pm on Friday 28 February 2020.
5. The competition is open to all ages but children under the age of 12 must have parents or guardian’s permission.
6. To enter the competition entrants must:
Take a photo of a person showing how they are celebrating the joy of reading and:
6a) Publicly post on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram tagging #IWCSummerReading so that we can see and share the photo,
OR 6b)Email the photo to us to email@example.com
All entrants must have permission from the subject of the photo to enter the competition.
7. Multiple entries will be accepted providing that the image is significantly different, e.g. using a different character or different person.
8. By providing the image the entrant agrees that a) they have permission to post the image from all necessary parties b) and that the image is in the public domain and does so at their own risk.
9. Winners chosen by a judge. The posts must be made public and correctly tagged. The judge’s decision is final.
10. There will be eight prize winners who will each win a $50 book voucher. Entries will be judged on a) if they have provided an image that captures the joy of reading and b) that the judges deem their entries to be the most imaginative, engaging or beautifully shot.
11. Prizes are non-transferable.
12. The entrant agrees that they entry may be shared or reposted on social media by the promotor in relation to Inner West Libraries’ Summer Reading Challenge.