Did you attend Inner West Film Fest?
Thanks for being part of our inaugural Inner West Film Fest and making it such a success. We would know what you thought! Your feedback helps us improve the kind of activations we deliver for the community. We would love you to fill out our short survey below.
Tell us what you thought here
About Inner West Film Fest
Once upon a time at the Inner West… from Marrickville, Enmore and Newtown, across to Leichhardt, Balmain and Rozelle, Dulwich Hill, Lilyfield, Camperdown and Enmore, and all parts in between, Sydney’s Inner West is packed-to-bursting with creative energy, alive with cultural electricity thanks to its largely artisan population. Once and still a vibrant multicultural community, the Inner West’s industrial past has given way to its highly expressive present, with artists, students, musicians, writers, performers and filmmakers happily winding their way through its busy, bustling streets.
In one of The Inner West’s most unifying and collective moments yet, this pulsating slice of urban Sydney will now play host to its very own film festival, with The Inner West Film Fest rolling out for the very first time from 31 March through to 2 April.
Across venues including the legendary Marrickville Golf Club, Dendy Cinemas Newtown, and Palace Norton Street in Leichhardt, The Inner West Film Fest will tap into the values of the area and boast a diverse, inclusive and utterly fascinating selection of local feature film premieres from Australia and abroad; an on-point opening night screening and party (featuring an exciting new film destined to become an Aussie feel-good classic); a very special 35mm retro screening of a star-studded feature film shot right in the heart of the inner west; a short film competition showcasing works made in and about The Inner West from the best up and coming filmmakers in the area; and a fistful of new feature films shot in the Inner West, or straight from the best international film festivals, you will definitely want to experience the first ever Inner West Film Fest.
Program and Tickets
The film festival program is here!
- Bank of Dave (Unclassified, 15+) 2023, United Kingdom
- Erskineville Kings (M) 1999, Australia - Special 35mm screening
- FP 4EVZ (Unclassified, 15+) 2023, US/Australia - Australian Premiere
- The Longest Weekend (Unclassified, 15+) 2022, Australia
- My Sailor, My Love (Unclassified, 15+) 2022 , Ireland/Finland/Belgium
- Olga (M) 2021, Switzerland/Ukraine/France
- Once Upon a Time in the West (M) 1968, Italy/US - Special 4K screening
- The Red Shoes: Next Step (PG) 2023, Australia - World Premiere
- A Room of My Own (Unclassified, 18+)2022, Georgia - Australian Premiere
- Senses of Cinema (Unclassified, All ages) 2022, Australia
- SHIT (Unclassified, 18+) 2023, Australia - Sydney Premiere
- Short Film Showcase (Unclassified, 15+)
- Still Working 9 to 5 (Unclassified, All ages) 2022, US - Australian Premiere
- Sweet As (M) 2022, Australia
- Top Secret Cinema (MA) - Mystery special new screening
Download the print program (PDF 3.3MB)
View the full details of the program
Dendy Newtown Program and Tickets
Palace Norton Street Program and Tickets
Follow the official Inner West Film Fest social media pages:
Inner West Film Fest Facebook
Inner West Film Fest Instagram
Inner West Film Fest TikTok
For all Inner West Film Fest enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0411 559 519.
For all other Council event related enquiries, please contact email@example.com or phone (02) 9392 5000
Inner West Film Fest is a community led and presented event of which Council is a Major Partner.