2022 Inner West Fest Program
The 2022 Inner West Fest will run from 25 February to 10 April.
Click through for the Inner West Fest 2022 program
Inner West Fest – Bringing the community's ideas to life
With large-scale gatherings off our social calendars for the foreseeable future, Council asked our community for ideas and proposals on new ways of delivering events and activations which adapt to the new environment.
Local artists, small business owners, collectives, neighbours and community leaders were invited to present ideas and concepts to take place in 2021.
Funding was available for each project from $500-$10,000. Successful applicants were assigned an experienced event producer to assist and ensure their events and activations are safely enjoyed by all.
This initiative replaced Council delivered large-scale street festivals scheduled for 2021 due to COVID-19 government restrictions. Inner West Fest will continue in early 2022 with the events that were postponed due to the extended Sydney lockdown.
Previous festival dates
Gulgadya Festival (14-23 May 2021)
Gulgadya Festival has concluded. This Inner West Fest showcased the suburbs of Leichhardt, Croydon, Haberfield, Annandale and Ashfield! To see the full program of events, follow the link below.
Gulgadya (Leichhardt) Festival Program
Baludarri Festival (19-28 March 2021)
Baludarri (Balmain) Festival has now concluded. This program showcased the creativity of our residents, businesses and communities in Lilyfield, Rozelle, Balmain, Balmain East, Birchgrove and Annandale. To see the full program of events, follow the link below.
Baludarri (Balmain) Festival Program
The full year schedule of activations can be seen in the table below:
|Festival: Festival: Baludarri (Balmain)
||Suburbs: Suburbs: Lilyfield, Rozelle, Balmain, Balmain East, Birchgrove, Annandale.
||Festival Dates: Dates: 19-28 March 2021
|Festival: Festival: Gulgadya (Leichhardt)
||Suburbs: Suburbs: Croydon, Haberfield, Leichhardt, Annandale, Ashfield.
||Festival Dates: Dates: 14-23 May 2021
|Festival: Festival: Midjuburi (Marrickville)
||Suburbs: Suburbs: Marrickville, St Peters, Sydenham, Tempe.
||25 February - 10 April 2022
|Summer Hill, Dulwich Hill, Croydon Park, Ashfield.
|25 February - 10 April 2022
|Festival: Festival: Damun (Stanmore)
||Suburbs: Suburbs: Camperdown, Petersham, Lewisham, Newtown, Stanmore, Enmore.
||25 February - 10 April 2022Festival Dates: Dates:
A detailed Inner West Council ward map is also available to download.
Please forward all enquiries to Vikki Woods, Senior Events Specialist at email@example.com
Inner West Fest is an activation program created by the community in conjunction with Council that focuses on reconnecting the community that is emerging and adapting to COVID-19 restrictions.
The Inner West Fest will:
• align with Council’s pre-COVID-19 events program;
• activate Inner West precincts previously not attached to a legacy event;
• generate incomes into businesses impacted by COVID-19 including the creative and hospitality sectors, increasing footfall into businesses and increasing economic development activity;
• provide an opportunity for the community to reconnect; and
• utilise existing spaces with controlled capacities ensuring that event activations are COVID-19 safe.
Council is calling for ideas and proposals on new events and activations to be delivered by and within the Inner West community which adapt to the new event environment. Council is inviting local artists, small business owners, collectives, neighbours and community leaders to present innovative ideas and concepts for small-events and activations to take place during 2021.
A key element of the Inner West Fest 2021 program is a partnership with Council. This will see successful applicants assigned an experienced event producer to assist in producing their event and ensuring events and activations are safely enjoyed by all. Successful applicants will be the lead on their project, with support from Council through development to delivery.
Applicants must nominate which precinct their event or activation will take place in, based on below precincts and dates outlined in the timeline which reflect the locations of Council’s historical festival and event program.
This initiative will replace Council delivered large-scale street festivals scheduled for 2021.
Please note that the EOI application is two-staged. Applicants will be notified of their application’s progress on 31 May 2021. The second stage of the EOI will require further information and details to be produced and developed should you be successful in the first stage.
Project development and delivery
Successful applicants will be assigned an experienced event producer from Council to support the development of the project concept and production.
Following application success, Council’s event producers will work with the applicant to develop:
• Finalising of date/s, time/s and location/s for event delivery.
• Further project concept if necessary.
• WH&S guidelines and risk assessment documentation as well as compliance with Council regulations including all necessary permits.
• A COVID-19 Safety Plan in line with NSW Government requirements.
Once these key elements are developed and approved, successful applicants and Council event producers will work collaboratively towards event delivery. Successful applicants will take the lead on their events and be responsible for delivering an exciting event or activation in the Inner West community. Council event producers will act as a support mechanism to ensure that the event is delivered safely and meets all necessary requirements.
Council can only provide advice and support. Applicants will need to be responsible for the following (but are not exclusive or limited to):
• Location/venue negotiations and approvals.
• Stakeholder negotiations and approvals.
• Sourcing resources for location/venue set up.
• Developing and implementing marketing and communications strategy and materials.
• Developing event timeline and scheduling.
• Creating event documentation including emergency management. Council will provide a resource kit for reference.
• Creating stakeholder contracts and call sheets.
• Develop of COVID safety plans and enforcement of plans.
• Application of all required permits and adherence to all Council and government regulations.
• Public Liability Insurance of $20mil.
Please note, applicants will be provided with a timeline that will form part of your contract to ensure promotional, financial and operational deadlines are met.