English conversation class
The ability to speak English can benefit day-to-day life, from going to the shops to making phone calls and catching a bus. Working with experienced English teachers, these weekly conversation classes improve English fluency and introduce you to new people in the community. Classes at basic levels.
Term 1: 29 January - 12 April
Term 2: 29 April - 5 July
Term 3: 22 July - 27 September
Term 4: 14 October - 20 December
Emanuel Tsardoulias Community Library
362-372 New Canterbury Rd, Dulwich Hill
Thursdays – 2 May to 4 July, 1-3pm
Douglas St, Stanmore
Fridays – 3 May to 5 July, 10:30am-12:30pm
St Peters/Sydenham Library
St Peters Town Hall, Unwins Bridge Road, Sydenham
Tuesdays – 30 April to 2 July, 10:30am-12:30pm
If sold out, join the wait list – we will contact you when a place becomes available.
Terms and conditions
- Registration is open to Inner West Council Library & History members
- Must be aged 18 years or over
- English is your second langauge
- One class booking per term, per student
- Booking required before attending class
- Booking is not transferable
- The tutor or library must be advised in advance if missing class
- If missing in class for more than three weeks in a row, your booking may be cancelled
- Children are not allowed into class and not to be left unattended in the library
- Failure to comply with terms and conditions will result in booking cancelled
For any enquiries call Marrickville Library on 9335 2173.
Basic English writing class
Need help with writing a letter, filling out a form, creating a resume, or making a job application? Attend weekly Basic English Writing classes to help improve English writing skills for everyday tasks.
St Peters Town Hall
39 Unwins Bridge Road
Weekly Thursday 5:45-7:15pm (Classes run up to Thursday, 25 July 2019)
If sold out, join the waitlist and we will contact you when a place becomes available. For any enquiries call Marrickville Library on 9335 2173.
Migrant support services
Inner West Council provides a range of other support to newly arrived immigrants, refugees and humanitarian entrants, including English conversation sessions.