English conversation classes
Free classes to improve your English speaking skills
The ability to speak English can benefit day-to-day life, from going to the shops to making phone calls and catching a bus. Working with experienced English teachers, these weekly conversation classes improve English fluency and introduce you to new people in the community. Classes at basic and intermediate levels available.
Term 1: 30 January - 15 April
Term 2: 30 April - 8 July
Term 3: 23 July - 30 September
Term 4: 15 October - 16 December
Classes available for term 4 (Bookings open Monday 17 September)
Tuesdays – 16 October to 11 December, 1-3pm Register
Wednesdays – 17 October to 12 December, 1-3pm Register
Mondays – 15 October to 10 December, 1-3pm Register
Fridays – 19 October to 14 December, 1-3pm Register
Sundays – 21 October to 16 December, 1:30-3:30pm Register
Emanuel Tsardoulias Community Library, Dulwich Hill
Thursdays – 18 October to 13 December, 1-3pm Register
Fridays – 19 October to 14 December, 10:30am-12:30pm Register
St Peters/Sydenham Library
Tuesdays – 16 October to 11 December, 10:30am-12:30pm Register
If sold out, join the wait list – we will contact you when a place becomes available.
Terms and conditions
- Registration is open to Inner West Council Library & History members
- Must be aged 18 years or over
- English is your second langauge
- One class booking per term, per student
- Booking required before attending class
- Booking is not transferable
- The tutor or library must be advised in advance if missing class
- If missing in class for more than three weeks in a row, your booking may be cancelled
- Children are not allowed into class and not to be left unattended in the library
- Failure to comply with terms and conditions will result in booking cancelled
For any enquiries call Marrickville Library on 9335 2173.
Basic English writing class
Need help with writing a letter, filling out a form, creating a resume, or making a job application? Attend weekly Basic English Writing classes to help improve English writing skills for everyday tasks.
Marrickville Library (Bookings open Tuesday 3 April)
Weekly Thursday 6-7.30pm
5, 12, 19, 26 July
2, 9, 16, 23, 30 August
6, 13, 20, 27 September
4, 11, 18, 25 October
1, 8, 15, 22, 29 November
6, 13 December
If sold out, join the waitlist and we will contact you when a place becomes available. For any enquiries call Marrickville Library on 9335 2173.
Migrant support services
Inner West Council provides a range of other support to newly arrived immigrants, refugees and humanitarian entrants, including English conversation sessions.