English conversation classes
Free classes to improve your English speaking skills
The ability to speak English can benefit day-to-day life, from going to the shops to making phone calls and catching a bus. Working with experienced English teachers, these weekly conversation classes improve English fluency and introduce you to new people in the community. Classes at basic and intermediate levels available.
Term 1: 29 January - 12 April
Term 2: 29 April - 5 July
Term 3: 22 July - 27 September
Term 4: 14 October - 20 December
Classes available for term 1 (Bookings open Monday, 17 December 2019)
Tuesdays – 29 January to 9 April, 1-3pm Register
Wednesdays – 30 January to 10 April, 1-3pm Register
Mondays – 4 February to 8 April, 1-3pm Register
Fridays – 1 February to 12 April, 1-3pm Register
Emanuel Tsardoulias Community Library, Dulwich Hill
Thursdays – 31 January to 11 April, 1-3pm Register
Fridays – 1 February to 12 April, 10:30am-12:30pm Register
St Peters/Sydenham Library
Tuesdays – 29 January to 9 April, 10:30am-12:30pm Register
If sold out, join the wait list – we will contact you when a place becomes available.
Terms and conditions
- Registration is open to Inner West Council Library & History members
- Must be aged 18 years or over
- English is your second langauge
- One class booking per term, per student
- Booking required before attending class
- Booking is not transferable
- The tutor or library must be advised in advance if missing class
- If missing in class for more than three weeks in a row, your booking may be cancelled
- Children are not allowed into class and not to be left unattended in the library
- Failure to comply with terms and conditions will result in booking cancelled
For any enquiries call Marrickville Library on 9335 2173.
Basic English writing class
Need help with writing a letter, filling out a form, creating a resume, or making a job application? Attend weekly Basic English Writing classes to help improve English writing skills for everyday tasks.
Marrickville Library (Bookings open Monday, 7 January)
Weekly Thursday 6-7.30pm
First class Thursday, 7 February, last class Thursday, 19 December
If sold out, join the waitlist and we will contact you when a place becomes available. For any enquiries call Marrickville Library on 9335 2173.
Migrant support services
Inner West Council provides a range of other support to newly arrived immigrants, refugees and humanitarian entrants, including English conversation sessions.