Join the library – Ashfield and Haberfield branches
Inner West Council Library and History Services asks for cooperation in showing respect and making the library enjoyable for all users.
Your card can be used to borrow from either Ashfield or Haberfield libraries and is current for three (3) years. You must present your card to borrow items or to use the internet. Please notify us if you lose your card or change your address. There is a charge for replacement cards.
You may have up to 40 items on loan at any one time, and the loan period is three weeks. Items can be returned at either library. You may extend your loan by accessing your account online through the catalogue or calling either the Ashfield or Haberfield library before or on the due date and provide your borrower number. Reserved items cannot be renewed. Items 7 days overdue cannot be renewed. Fees are incurred for late returned items. If an item is lost, stolen or damaged you will need to pay for the cost of the item and a non-refundable processing fee for each item.
Behaviour policy – a place for all of us
Together we can create an exceptional place for us all to enjoy the library services.
You can expect to:
Feel welcome, safe and at ease in a pleasant environment
- Have noise maintained at a reasonable level
- Be clearly and efficiently directed to the services you require
- Have access to a broad range of resources and information
- Receive friendly and professional assistance
- Be treated with respect and courtesy
- Be informed of a range of Council activities and events
We expect you to:
Be considerate, polite and respectful of library staff and patrons
- Respect cultural differences
- Respect the rights of library staff and patrons
- Treat the library facilities and property with care
- Create a safe welcoming environment for all library staff and patrons
- Prevent unacceptable behaviours including verbal or physical abuse, assault, intimidation or harassment of library staff and patrons
- Comply with the code of behaviour for Ashfield Library Services
- Comply with any reasonable request from library staff
- Maintain reasonable levels of noise
Internet use policy
All library members are able to book and use library computers at Ashfield and Haberfield branches to access the internet. When you apply for a library card, you will be asked for identification showing your name and current address, and you agree to the library rules and regulations by accepting membership. When accessing the internet using library computers, you must accept the library's internet use policy.