Ashfield Aquatic Centre redevelopment
Council approved the redevelopment of the Ashfield Aquatic Centre on 27 February 2018.
Read the meeting minutes about Ashfield Aquatic Centre redevelopment
The redevelopment will include a state-of-the-art mix of contemporary facilities.
The redevelopment is needed to keep the facilities at an appropriate usable standard, and the 50 metre outdoor pool is nearing the end of its technical life.
We invited the community to help create a vision for the redevelopment, engaging centre users, clubs and the wider community during May and June 2017. These outcomes informed the redevelopment design.
View the project page on Council's online engagement hub, Your Say Inner West
Ashfield Aquatic Centre is now closed for the redevelopment.
The final plan for the redevelopment of the Ashfield Aquatic Centre will include:
- A new 50m outdoor pool with accessible ramp and pool divider
- A new outdoor pool with floating floor that can change its depth, opening it up for a wide range of uses
- A new children’s leisure pool with landscaping and green wall
- An improved entrance with customer service area, change rooms, crèche and retail space
- A new health and fitness centre
- New community meeting room facilities
- A community green space and covered seating
- Landscaped areas and terraces for the external pools
- Increased parking spaces.
What’s happening now?
Redevelopment will begin with the decommissioning of the site.
The Ashfield Aquatic Centre is now closed and the redevelopment is expected to be completed in early 2020.
You can view the project page on Council's online engagement hub, Your Say Inner West
Members have three options:
1. Place periodic or multi entry membership on hold until the refurbished centre reopens
2. Transfer periodic or multi entry membership to Leichhardt Park Aquatic Centre
3. Refund the unused portion of membership.
Membership option forms are available at the Ashfield Aquatic Centre or below:
Ashfield Aquatic Centre Transfer Membership Form (PDF 151.2KB)
If you require further information please contact Darren Thorne, Centre Coordinator on Darren.email@example.com
The Ashfield Swim School have accessed enrolled swimmers’ current abilities to align Ashfield and Leichhardt Park Aquatic Centre (LPAC) class levels.
If you wish to enrol at Leichhardt Park Aquatic Centre, please see either the Ashfield swim school office or the Pool Deck Swim School Supervisor to receive your LPAC level, Term 2 or contact Darren Thorne, firstname.lastname@example.org
Priority bookings for Ashfield clients/members commences from 9 April to 15 April 2018.
For more information contact Leichhardt Park Aquatic Centre, Learn to Swim. More details on LPAC Learn to Swim or contact email@example.com
If you are intending to move to another swim school that is better suited to your location please ask the Ashfield Swim School staff for a brochure that includes Ashfield Aquatic Centre class descriptions and your child’s current Ashfield Swim School level, this will assist you in enrolling at another Centre.
For nay further information please contact Darren Thorne, Centre Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org