Dawn Fraser Baths upgrade
The Dawn Fraser Baths is home to the oldest water polo and swimming club in Australia and the Baths is listed as a nationally significant heritage item. The Inner West Council is proud to stand as the custodian of this much-loved community asset and is fully committed to the Baths' progressive conservation.
The aim of the master plan is to develop a ten year plan of improvements for the Baths users and staff, while maintaining the existing character and sense of place.
Dawn Fraser Baths, Fitzroy Avenue, Balmain NSW 2041.
- Builders Belmadar Pty Ltd have been awarded the project
- Demolition now complete
- Piling and associated works were complete at the beginning of May 2020.
- Work now underway on drainage, services and concrete works.
- Barges are in place for water-based activities and materials supply and handing
- Project remains on time for opening of the 2020-21 swimming season in October 2020
Your feedback helped develop the plans. Read more about the Dawn Fraser Baths engagement at Your Say Inner West.
The following works have been fully funded and will commence in August:
- Raising boardwalks and ground floor levels of the Entry Building and Southern Pavilion;
- Demolition and reconstruction of the Southern Pavilion at the new raised ground level;
- Retention, alteration and repair of the Entry Building to the Southern Pavilion;
- Installation of new solar panels to the Northern Pavilion and four water polo lights;
- Installation of fire sprinkler system and emergency upgrades; and
- Associated alterations to the perimeter paths, seawalls and eastern perimeter entry.
DFB Project Director
02 9335 2288