Lodge a development application

The DA process

Lodging a development application

You may lodge your development application (DA) in person or by sending it to us by mail, or courier. However, we prefer that you lodge your DA in person as issues can often be quickly resolved which will enable us to accept your application. You will need to provide the following:

Duty officer

A duty officer is available to review and assist with application lodgments at the following locations:

  • Ashfield Service Centre – Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 1:00pm
  • Leichhardt Service Centre – Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:00pm
  • Petersham Service Centre – Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:00pm

Council’s assessment officers are located at the Leichhardt Service Centre, and this is the preferred lodgement location.

DA policy

Inner West Council has adopted a Development Advisory and Assessment Policy which outlines the policies, procedures and services associated with development assessment. This policy should be read prior to lodging a development application.

If you do not provide the required information, we will not accept your application. Our staff will clearly identify to you what the additional requirements are so that your DA can be accepted on your next visit.


Next step:
After lodgement

Rate this page

  • Rate as The content was useful25.00% The content was useful votes
  • Rate as The content was not useful75.00% The content was not useful votes

Thanks for your feedback. We will use this data to improve the content of this page.

Page last updated: 19 Sep 2019