Local Representation Advisory Committee (LRAC)
Former Mayors and Councillors have stepped back into action, with representatives from across the inner west agreeing to help shape decisions of the new Inner West Council.
Three Local Representation Advisory Committees (LRAC) have been established to help shape decisions of the new Inner West Council with former Mayors and Councillors agreeing to represent the inner west. The Three Local Representation Advisory Committees are Ashfield, Leichhardt and Marrickville which align with the three former Council boundaries.
The role of the Local Representation Advisory Committee(s) is to provide advice to the Administrator on local views and issues including:
- Providing input to Council’s Operational Plan
- Advising on the communication and engagement plan for the community
- Providing input to the new Council's Statement of Vision and Priorities
- Assisting to engage communities and partners in planning for the new Council
- Advising on key agenda items to be considered at Council meetings relevant to the Committee's area of operations
- Representing community views on key projects and issues relevant to the Committee's area of operations
- Working with communities to facilitate grant applications under the Stronger Communities Fund
Terms of Reference have been prepared and adopted for the Local Representation Advisory Committee and are available below:
Upcoming LRAC Meetings for 2017
- 8 August 2017 – 2-14 Fisher Street, Petersham
Agendas, reports and minutes – as considered by the Local Representation Advisory Committee (LRAC) and approved by the Administrator – will be posted here as available. If the listed papers are not linked, this means the papers are still being prepared – please check back shortly.
8 August 2017 LRAC Meeting
- Location: 2-14 Fisher Street, Petersham
Agendas and minutes
YOUR SAY INNER WEST
Your Say Inner West website
The community engagement hub where you can get involved in important projects that shape the future of the Inner West.
CONNECT WITH US
SERVICES IN YOUR AREA
Follow the links below to find contact details and services in your area: