Local Representation Advisory Committee (LRAC)
The Local Representation Advisory Committee served during the post-merger administration period of Inner West Council, which ended with the election of new Councillors on 9 September 2017.
Following the merger of Ashfield, Leichhardt and Marrickville councils to form Inner West Council in May 2016, three committees – the Local Representation Advisory Committees (LRAC) – were established to help shape decisions of the new council during the post-merger administration period.
These three committees aligned with the former council boundaries, and were made up of former mayors and councillors for the respective previous councils who were serving at the time of the merger.
Later in 2016 these were merged into a joint Local Representation Advisory Committee.
The role of the Local Representation Advisory Committee(s) was to provide advice to the Administrator on local views and issues including:
- Providing input to Council’s Operational Plan
- Advising on the communication and engagement plan for the community
- Providing input to the new Council's Statement of Vision and Priorities
- Assisting to engage communities and partners in planning for the new Council
- Advising on key agenda items to be considered at Council meetings relevant to the Committee's area of operations
- Representing community views on key projects and issues relevant to the Committee's area of operations
- Working with communities to facilitate grant applications under the Stronger Communities Fund
The Terms of Reference for the Local Representation Advisory Committee are available below:
Agendas and minutes
YOUR SAY INNER WEST
Your Say Inner West website
The community engagement hub where you can get involved in important projects that shape the future of the Inner West.
CONNECT WITH US
SERVICES IN YOUR AREA
Follow the links below to find contact details and services in your area: