Aged Care Interagency
The Inner West Council Aged Care Interagency is a forum established to
bring together the various agencies working with older people in the Inner West Council area.
The role of the Aged Care Interagency is to:
- work together on issues relating to older people and/or aged services;
- provide input to local service planning processes on emerging issues, service delivery gaps and the needs of older people;
- inform and be informed by the Seniors Reference Group on the needs, opinions and aspirations of Marrickville's older population;
- facilitate access to services, programs and activities and alert the
Seniors Reference Group to any emerging issues and service gaps;
- provide comment on government policy changes and support relevant local policy development;
- assist with special events planning, coordination and participation, in particular Seniors Week;
- identify and assist with implementation of projects involving
service development and improved coordination of services or information
for older people;
- seek and apply for additional funding to support projects;
- provide a forum for information exchange, support and promotion of local services;
- exchange information/representation with other local or relevant
forums such as HACC forums, other Interagencies and the Marrickville
Seniors Reference Group; and
- foster increased knowledge and understanding of services for older
people in the wider community and contribute to community building
practices that will allow the community to best respond to its own
The Interagency comprises all those interested in issues for older people (55+) and in coordination of aged care services in the local area, with a focus on health and community-based services.
For more information please contact the Strategic Community Projects Officer – Ageing on 9335 2108 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meetings are generally held on the first Thursday of the month quarterly in March, June, September, and December in Council's Function
Room, Level 3 of the Administration Building, 2–14 Fisher Street,
The Inner West Council Aged Care Interagency was expanded from the former Marrickville Aged Services Interagency following the amalgamation of Ashfield, Leichhardt and Marrickville councils in May 2016. An archive of minutes from before the amalgamation can be accessed here:
YOUR SAY INNER WEST
Your Say Inner West website
The community engagement hub where you can get involved in important projects that shape the future of the Inner West.
CONNECT WITH US
SERVICES IN YOUR AREA
Follow the links below to find contact details and services in your area: