Other grant opportunities
NSW Government Community and Justice – Youth Opportunities Program
What is Youth Opportunities?
The Youth Opportunities program provides one-off, time-limited grants between $10,000 and $50,000 to non-government organisations and local government. Funding is for new projects that empower young people to design, plan and implement community development activities. Successful projects will be delivered in 2021.
The purpose of the Youth Opportunities program is to break-down barriers and increase young people’s access to and inclusion in the community.
Download the Youth Opportunities Program Logic from www.youth.nsw.gov.au/youth-opportunities for further information on the purpose and intended outcomes of the Youth Opportunities Program.
Projects funded under the Youth Opportunities program are to involve young people at every stage of the project. It is expected that young people will take an active role in identifying, designing and implementing these projects and that these projects offer creative solutions to issues that are important to them.
Organisations funded under the Youth Opportunities program will:
- partner with young people to deliver a youth-led and youth-driven community project
- improve young people’s access to and inclusion in community activities such as sport and recreation, cultural and other activities
- provide young people with knowledge and skills to strengthen their ability to participate in their local community such as developing teamwork, communication, decision-making and leadership skills
- recognise the contribution young people make to their local community.
Download the Youth Opportunities Program Guidelines from www.youth.nsw.gov.au/youth-opportunities for further information on the purpose and objectives of the Youth Opportunities Program.
Who can apply for funding?
To be eligible for funding you must either be an incorporated non-Government not-for-profit organisation or a local government authority.
Program exclusions apply. Download the Youth Opportunities Program Guidelines from www.youth.nsw.gov.au/youth-opportunities for a full list of program exclusions.
How do I apply for funding?
All applicants must complete and submit an online application form which is available at www.youth.nsw.gov.au/youth-opportunities. The following guidelines are also available on the website to support the application process:
- Program guidelines
- Frequently asked questions
- Program logic
- Steps for writing a grant application
- Help guide for applicants
- Opening date: 9:00am Monday, 10 August 2020
- Closing date: 5:00pm Monday, 21 September 2020
- Successful applicants announced: January/February 2021
- Contract negotiations: January/February 2021
- Projects to commence: February 2021
Anthea Wilson, Department of Communities and Justice
Phone 02 8753 8430
Email all inquiries to email@example.com