The Inner West Council works hard to promote inclusion for our Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Intersex and Queer (LGBTIQ) communities where there is a strong spirit of cooperation, trust and pride.
We have an LGBTIQ Working Group who assist Council to:
- involve LGBTIQ people and allies in issues that affect them;
- provide LGBTIQ people and allies with a forum to voice their ideas, concerns, needs, interests and views;
- provide an avenue for LGBTIQ people and allies to plan and implement approved events and activities;
- raise awareness of the community of the positive contributions that LGBTIQ people make to community life;
- provide LGBTIQ people and allies with opportunities to learn and develop new skills and meet new people;
- allow LGBTIQ people and allies to have input into decision making processes that impact upon the community as a whole; and
- provide information and advice to Council on behalf of LGBTIQ people, allies and organisations that work with LGBTIQ people.
If you are interested in joining the LGBTIQ Working Group with future events and programs, please get in touch.
Visit our LGBTIQ page to find out about our latest initiatives.
For more information:
02 9392 5756