Marrickville Aged Services Interagency archive
The Marrickville Aged Services Interagency is a forum established to bring together the various agencies working with older people in the Marrickville Local Government Area.
The role of the Marrickville Aged Services Interagency is to:
- Work together on issues relating to older people and/or aged services.
- Provide input to local service planning processes on emerging issues, service delivery gaps and the needs of older people;
- Inform and be informed by the Seniors Reference Group on the needs, opinions and aspirations of Marrickville's older population;
- Facilitate access to services, programs and activities and alert the Seniors Reference Group to any emerging issues and service gaps;
- Provide comment on government policy changes and support relevant local policy development;
- Assist with special events planning, coordination and participation, in particular Seniors Week;
- Identify and assist with implementation of projects involving service development and improved coordination of services or information for older people;
- Seek and apply for additional funding to support projects;
- Provide a forum for information exchange, support and promotion of local services;
- Exchange information/representation with other local or relevant forums such as HACC forums, other Interagencies and the Marrickville Seniors Reference Group; and
- Foster increased knowledge and understanding of services for older people in the wider community and contribute to community building practices that will allow the community to best respond to its own needs.
The Interagency will comprise all those interested in issues for older people (55+) and in coordination of aged care services in the local area, with a focus on health and community-based services.
Please click here (PDF 51.7KB) to download the full terms of reference.
For more information please contact the Strategic Community Projects Officer – Ageing on 9335 2108 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meetings are generally held on the first Thursday of the month quarterly in March, June, September, and December in Council's Function Room, Level 3 of the Administration Building, 2–14 Fisher Street, Petersham.