Community Directory and Useful Links

Handyperson and gardening service

Inner West Council also offers a Gardening and Handyperson Service to assist older residents and younger people with a disability with basic gardening, lawn mowing and small handyperson jobs.

The service is available to residents who receive the aged or disability pension,who reside in the Balmain and Leichhardt wards.

For more information:
02 9367 9354

Home modification and maintenance service

The Inner West Home Maintenance and Modification Service assists people with access, safety and independence in daily living in their own home, or with a carer.

Food services

Tom Foster Community Care offers a range of food services including bulk meals, centre based meals and meals delivered to client’s homes. Fresh and nutritious meals are prepared on site by qualified staff.

The Inner West Meals on Wheels service delivers a variety of chilled, heated and/or frozen meals.

My Aged Care

The My Aged Care website has been established by the Australian Government to help you navigate the aged care system. The Gateway is part of the Australian Government's changes to the aged care system which have been designed to give people more choice, more control and easier access to a full range of aged care services. Visit the My Aged Care Website or call 1800 200 422.


NSW Elder Abuse Helpline and Resource Unit


June 15 marks the annual, internationally recognised World Elder Abuse Awareness Day (WEAAD). The Inner West Council is part of a collaborative of service providers to raise awareness of this important issue. Inner West Council supports seniors to be active and connected in the community. Staying active and connected can reduce social isolation, a risk factor for elder abuse.
Anyone with concerns about abuse can call the NSW Elder Abuse Helpline on 1800 628 221.

Anyone can make the call


Your Say Inner West website
The community engagement hub where you can get involved in important projects that shape the future of the Inner West.





Follow the links below to find contact details and services in your area: