You can apply to go onto the waiting list for some of the Council-run childcare services by completing the relevant online form below. A $20 application fee applies to complete the registration process.
Occasional Care services do not have a waiting list . Please contact the Occasional Care Service directly.
How long is the waiting list?
When adding your name to the waitlist it is important to know that we cannot:
- let you know when a position will become available; nor
- guarantee a position at the service.
Childcare places in the Inner West are in high demand. Some centre waitlists maybe up to 2 years long. We recommend you:
- plan well in advance when considering this important
- put your name down at services centres that may be close to
work also or on the way to work as well as centres near your home. (Most
Councils have a list of children’s services on their respective
Who gets priority on the waiting list?
The Education and Care service will use the Priority of Access Guidelines to prioritise the waiting list and to allocate available education and care places to families.
The Priority of Access Guidelines followed by Long Day Care is set by Family Assistance Law. These are:
- Priority 1: a child at risk of serious abuse or neglect
- Priority 2: a child of a single parent who satisfies, or of parents who both satisfy, the work/training/study test under Section 14 of the ‘A New Tax System (Family Assistance) Act 1999’
- Priority 3: any other child.
When is enrolment at the centres?
For Council Services, the enrolment process for the following year begins during the months of September/October.
External families will be notified from November onwards if a position becomes available.
For other non-Council operated services please contact the centres directly.
YOUR SAY INNER WEST
Your Say Inner West website
The community engagement hub where you can get involved in important projects that shape the future of the Inner West.
CONNECT WITH US
SERVICES IN YOUR AREA
Follow the links below to find contact details and services in your area: