Clr Mark Drury – Ashfield Ward
Mark has continuously worked with others for social and economic justice for over 30 years.
Mark remains involved in representative politics because he wants get things done for the most disadvantaged in our community.
He does so because he believes that this is in the best interests of the community as a whole.
Mark has learnt to agree with the Duke of Albany, who in King Lear warns that in "striving to better, oft we mar what's well".
Mark has lived with his family in the Inner West for the past 25 years.
Aims as a Councillor
- Committed to the long term financial sustainability of a council that provides residents with the full range of local government services that are of high quality and responsive to their needs.
- Committed to having great council facilities and council activities that help build our sense of community.
- Work with the state and federal governments to address the critical urban issues.
- Make housing and rental properties more affordable and secure.
Representation on Committees
- Sydenham to Bankstown Urban Renewal Working Party; and
- Parramatta River Catchment Group.
Previous Council Terms
Councillor on Ashfield Council since 2006.
Phone: 0448 722 942