Clr Lucille McKenna OAM – Leichhardt Ward - Gulgadya (Grass Tree)
Lucille has recently retired from a sixty-year career as a registered nurse.
She served for 17 years as councillor of the NSW Nurses and Midwives Association (NSWNMA) and is now a life member of the NSWNMA. Throughout her working life Lucille has maintained a strong interest and been an advocate for improvements in aged care, the working lives of women and access for those with a disability.
Lucille was the first and only woman to be mayor of Ashfield.
Lucille was awarded an OAM for services to nursing and local government.
Aims as a Councillor
- Work to protect the heritage and unique character of the inner west.
- Committed to the listing of Haberfield on the Heritage register.
- Committed to finishing the Greenway.
- Committed to great parks and sporting fields.
- Support volunteers.
- Support strategies to mitigate the effects climate change.
- Find solutions to reduce waste and landfill.
- Support the community against the ravages of WestConnex.
Representation on Committees
- Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee;Flood Management Advisory Committee;
- Southern Sydney Organisation of Councils (SSROC);
- ClubGrants Committee
Phone: 0408 629 888