City Cycle Confidence Course
26 Mar 2017
9:00 AM - 1:30 PM
Whites Creek Valley Park
Piper StreetAnnandale, NSW, Australia
This course is designed to develop skills and confidence required to be an effective bike rider on the road. You will learn how to develop your riding skills and boost your confidence in a quiet off-road location before proceeding out on road as a group on a course that showcases fantastic route options throughout the Inner West Local Government Area that only regular riders know about.
It is designed for people intending to use a bicycle as a means of transport and establishes the key principles for effective on-street riding as well as created opportunities for participants to put them into practice in real life scenarios on the road.
- Classroom: rights and responsibilities, route planning, traffic and positioning theory
- Off street: control skills and practice
- Group riding: cycling in regular traffic between drill sites establishes sensible (effective and consideration) positioning as well as showcasing the benefits of good route selection
- On street: individual drills of typical scenarios faced by bike riders
What to bring:
- A bike in good working order (instructors will assess your bike’s road worthiness)
- A helmet
This is a free event that requires registration.
This workshop is part of Inner West Council's free cycling courses. See descriptions of courses and all available dates here.