Parks in Leichhardt

36th Battalion Park
36th Battalion Park

Blackmore Oval
Blackmore Oval

Evan Jones Playground
Evan Jones Playground

Hawthorne Canal Reserve
Hawthorne Canal Reserve

Lambert Park Playground
Lambert Park Playground

Marlborough Street Playground
Marlborough Street Playground

Marr Reserve
Marr Reserve

North Street Playground
North Street Playground

Pioneers Memorial Park
Pioneers Memorial Park

Wangal Nura Park
Wangal Nura Park

War Memorial Park
War Memorial Park

36th Battalion Park

MacKenzie and Hill Streets, Leichhardt

Located on the site of the drill and training hall for the 36th Battalion, which was formed in Ashfield in 1921 and recruited heavily from the local area at the start of World War II. The battalion was engaged in fighting around the Kokoda Trail and lost half its soldiers within a fortnight at Sanananda.

Blackmore Oval

Canal Road, Leichhardt

Blackmore Oval is situated on Canal Road in Leichhardt. It is home to one of the oldest junior rugby league club in Australia, Leichhardt Wanderers, which was formed in 1911.

Evan Jones Playground

12-24 Styles Street, Leichhardt

An open space area with picnic tables, a basketball half-court, a shaded playground with trees and a community arts wall.

  • Playground
  • Picnic tables
  • Basketball half-court

Hawthorne Canal Reserve

Darley Road (adjacent to Hawthorne light rail stop), Leichhardt

Hawthorne Canal Reserve is a popular park for dog owners and dogs alike to socialise and meet new friends. A dog-friendly café, Café Bones, is located on site.

Lambert Park Playground

Marion and Foster Streets, Leichhardt

  • Playground

Marlborough Street Playground

57 Marlborough Street, Leichhardt

A small park with junior play equipment and a small community garden.

  • Playground

Marr Reserve

Cary and Excelsior Streets, Leichhardt

Marr Reserve has two playground areas: one for toddlers and one for older children. There are also picnic tables and a drinking fountain.

  • Playground
  • Drinking fountain
  • Picnic tables

North Street Playground

William Street and North Street, Leichhardt

A small pocket park with junior playground equipment.

  • Fenced playground
  • Picnic tables

Pioneers Memorial Park

Norton Street and William Street, Leichhardt

Originally the site of Balmain Cemetery, the site was rededicated as Pioneers Memorial Park in 1941 in tribute to the district's pioneers and as a place of quiet recreation and enjoyment. The park contains a memorial to the service people in Leichhardt who lost their lives in World War I, and a rotunda marking the 1988 bicentenary of European settlement in Australia.

Wangal Nura Park

Flood and Myrtle Streets, Leichhardt

Built in 2003 on a former factory site to increase open space. The park contains a fully fenced playground for children of all abilities, a grassed area, and a multi-purpose half-court with a basketball hoop and soccer goal.

  • Fenced playground
  • Basketball half-court
  • Soccer goal
  • Drinking fountain
  • Picnic tables

War Memorial Park

Moore and Catherine Streets, Leichhardt

A large open space with a large fig tree as its centrepiece.

SERVICES IN YOUR AREA

Follow the links below to find contact details and services in your area:

 

CONNECT WITH US