Inner West Council, in collaboration with Burwood Council, City of Canada Bay Council and Strathfield Council, runs a series of sustainable living workshops under the Treading Lightly program.
They include activities such as improving your bicycle skills, clothing swaps, making your own pickles, learning to sew and gardening on your balcony. All events are free!
You must be a resident of Burwood, Canada Bay, Inner West or Strathfield Councils to get first preference for bookings. If you live outside these areas, you will be put on a waiting list.
Workshops organised by Inner West Council are listed below. To register, click on the workshop name or go to Treading Lightly on Eventbrite to see the complete list of events from all participating councils. Please note that workshops will only open for registration approximately 4 weeks prior to the event date.
Download the February to June 2017 calendar (PDF 1.3MB).
Upcoming events hosted by Inner West Council
- Green Cleaning: Wednesday 22 February, 5-7.30pm
- Pests, Predators & Parasites in the Garden (sold out - waiting list only): Saturday 4 March, 1-3pm
- Hand-stamped Gift Tags: Saturday 18 March, 10am-12pm
- Saving T-Shirts from Landfill: Tuesday 21 March, 6-8pm
- Crowd Saucing: Tomatoes: Saturday 25 March, 10am-12pm
- Bike Maintenance: Saturday 1 April, 9am-12pm
- Something Wild! Australian Wildlife Display: Tuesday 11 April, 11am-12pm
- DIY Library Bag for Kids (ages 7+): Wednesday 12 April, 10am-12pm
- Repair Café for Electrical Items: Saturday 22 April, 10-11.15am and 11.45am-1pm
- Clothing Swap for Fashion Revolution Week: Thursday 27 April, 6-8pm
- Rusty Riders for Women Only: Sunday 30 April, 9am-1.30pm
- Sustainable Basket Weaving: Saturday 6 May, 10am-2pm
- City Cycle Confidence: Sunday 7 May, 9am-1.30pm
- Bushcare Tour: Sunday 7 May, 9.30-11.30am
- Basic Furniture Repair: Saturday 3 June, 10am-3pm
SERVICES IN YOUR AREA
Follow the links below to find contact details and services in your area:
CONNECT WITH US